How to Empower Your Patients’ Sense of Self and Independence Through Their Healthcare Journey
Throughout a patient’s healthcare journey, they can begin to lose a sense of their independent identity. Many must rely on others, particularly us providers, to help them with their basic needs.
In this week’s solo episode of the Healthcare Provider Happy Hour, I will be discussing how we as clinicians can help them through this life-altering transition and what we can do to support them not only physically, but psychologically. I share my own personal experience on how patients’ can lose their sense of self identity and how it has helped me better empathize & understand what patients, and their families are going through.
Listen in to the full episode to learn:
- How to support patients overall well-being beyond physical care
- Three powerful questions to ask during a patient interaction
- Why we need to help patients navigate the system for an overall better experience
- How you as a provider can help ease your patient into empowerment
Grab your drink of choice and join the conversation!
My Award Winning book:
Communication is Care: 9 Empowering Strategies to Guide Patient Healing
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my award-winning book about connecting and communicating with patients to create empowering experiences!