How Activation & Decompression May Help You Build Resilience in Healthcare
In this week’s solo episode of the Healthcare Provider Happy Hour, I will be discussing the recent article featured in the Harvard Business Review on ‘Helping Healthcare Providers Avoid Burnout.’
The article analyzed the sources of burnout and resilience against it. I discuss their findings from the study and how it relates to our work in healthcare, along with everyday life. Characteristics related to burnout such as; “activation,” and “decompression,” are discussed, along with how they relate to resilience against burnout.
Listen in to learn:
- What activation & decompression mean and how they relate to burnout
- Key findings in the study and how I’ve seen it firsthand in my own work
- Methods on how to reach the core issue if you are experiencing burnout
- How to cater to our own strengths and weaknesses in our work
Grab your drink of choice and join the conversation!
Harvard Business Review Article:
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my award-winning book about connecting and communicating with patients to create empowering experiences!