Giving a Voice to the Benefits and Burnout Risk on Primary Care Physicians with Dr. Suryadutt Venkat
Physician burnout is a widespread issue and is worsening with the onset of this pandemic. From being overworked, understaffed, and undermanaged; our healthcare workers are facing much bigger hurdles and challenges where they’re expected to work and sacrifice critical aspects of their own personal lives.
In this episode, I’m joined by Dr. Suryadutt Venkat, a family care physician and the Medical Director of Encompass Family Medicine, to share with us the factors of physician burnout, why it’s happening, and what we can do.
Hop in and join the conversation!
- Why Dr. Venkat became a doctor
- Why Dr. Venkat thinks burnout is increasing among primary care providers
- Do EMRs and Patient Portals work?
- Three main components of physician burnout
- How Dr. Venkat manages burnout for himself
- How covid contributed to physician burnout
Connect with Dr. Suryadutt Venkat:
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my book about connecting with patients to improve their care!