048: Burnout In A Time Of Exhaustion With Kenny Gibson
It’s no surprise that Nurses and healthcare Practitioners are battling burnout and mental health issues now more than ever. Burnout in itself is becoming a pandemic.
This episode’s guest is Kenny Gibson, National Head of Safeguarding at NHS England. Kenny shares how we as nurses and healthcare practitioners can overcome burnout in a time of exhaustion. He shares what it takes to become a positive disruptor in today’s disruptive world to ensure that Nurses and healthcare practitioners are doing everything they can to prevent burnout and mental health issues.
Life will continue to bring us rain and thunderstorms. Remember, it’s up to you to bring your own weather and create your own sunshine.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Kenny’s career journey (3:06)
- Negative impact of the Angel Hero Persona as nurses (10:00)
- Co-dependence with our nurses (11:10)
- Post-traumatic resilience-based supervision (15:18)
- There are more things that connect us than disconnects us (24:40)
- Bring your own weather and create your own sunshine (30:20)
- Be a positive disruptor (32:25)
- Burnout in a time where we are all exhausted (33:26)
- Nurses’ compassion burnout and fatigue (37:15)
- The importance of family (42:55)
CONNECT WITH KENNY GIBSON
Connect with Kenny on Twitter
Connect with Kenny on LinkedIn
CONNECT WITH ELAINA MULLERY
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Subscribe to my Youtube channel
For more information got to: happynurse.com.au/podcast/