026: Love and Human Connection with Christina Foxwell
“There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.” John Lennon says it beautifully.
At the end of the day, what we want as human beings is genuine connection, to be seen and heard.
In this episode, we speak with Christina Foxwell of Ignite Purpose. Her vision is to change the way we engage people in business because people are central to the work we do, and without purpose we can’t live our best lives. We also delve into the power of vulnerability and authenticity to create genuine connections.
Ultimately, that sense of belonging is up to you. Others cannot make you feel like you belong. You have to connect to your own self worth and do the inner work. Your power-up battery of who you are is not necessarily reliant on others but on your authentic self.
When we grow, reflect, and learn about who we are and how we show up, we are then able to shift into a life of purpose and live the life we are proud of.
TOPICS WE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Change starts with ourselves (5:00)
- It starts and ends with you (5:45)
- We think we have no choice during overwhelm (6:20)
- Change is uncomfortable but worth it (7:30)
- Reflecting on how you can better yourself (8:10)
- Putting yourself out there (9:43)
- Getting gritty (9:55)
- Compassion fatigue (13:29)
- We judge as soon as we feel uncomfortable (17:25)
- Shame in parenting (2:25)
- Carrying your shame into parenthood (20:50)
- Setting boundaries (29:09)
- You can’t expect others to change (31:00)
- Having your own back (34:30)
- The oxytocin in your brain when you are being loved (35:22)
- Belonging relies on yourself (36:55)
- No single person is the same (38:00)
- A different version of you exists in everyone’s mind (38:24)
- Making space for someone (38:48)
- Children as our teachers (46:30)
- Our belonging is birthed from inside (47:13)
CONNECT WITH CHRISTINA FOXWELL
Follow Christina on Twitter
Connect with Christina on LinkedIn
CONNECT WITH ELAINA MULLERY
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Subscribe to my Youtube channel