What the data can tell us about long COVID – with Michael Simon and Dr. Brett Giroir
Among the many mysteries of COVID-19, a major one regards "long COVID": symptoms that persist for weeks, and sometimes months, after someone first tests positive for the disease.
Experts and scientists have begun using data repositories to try and answer some of the questions surrounding long COVID. Joining Healthcare IT News Senior Editor Kat Jercich to discuss how health IT can advance long COVID research are Michael Simon, director of data science at Arcadia, and Dr. Brett Giroir, former assistant secretary for health and a member of the COVID Patient Recovery Alliance.
- How COVID-19 changed the potential for data analysis
- A recent study suggesting the effects of vaccines on long COVID
- The policy implications of the findings
- Virtually everyone is at risk for long COVID
- Some necessary caveats about the findings
- What follow-up research should investigate
- The Patient Recovery Alliance's history and mission
- Hopes for the near future for data and policy
More about this episode: