Unpacking Apple’s new health records news — with Michael Abrams
At WWDC this month, Apple announced new health sharing features that allow users to share their health records and patient-generated data with family, caregivers, or their healthcare provider. On today’s HIMSSCast, Michael Abrams, managing partner at Numerof & Associates, joins host Jonah Comstock to discuss the news and how it fits in the larger context of the healthcare system.
- Context for Apple’s latest health records announcement
- The impact of the new Apple capabilities
- How Apple is set up against the competition
- Apple’s ecosystem play
- Are patients ready to own and control their health data?
- Are physicians ready for patient-generated health data?
- Injecting coaches and other stakeholders to fill the data usage gap
- Wellness, prevention, and systemic incentives
- Do tech companies see value-based care on the horizon?
- The rise of the “payvider”
- Technology and the bottom line
More about this episode: