Taking telehealth beyond the video chat – with Dr. Maulik Majmudar
The COVID-19 pandemic hit the gas pedal on the use of virtual care, particularly synchronous video chats. But virtual care’s potential extends beyond one-on-one conversations – it can also leverage remote patient monitoring technology to take services out of the brick-and-mortar facility.
Joining Healthcare IT News Senior Editor Kat Jercich to talk about telehealth’s capabilities now and in the future is Dr. Maulik Majmudar, chief medical officer at Biofourmis.
- The transition of care to “virtual-first”
- The evolution of the definition of telemedicine
- The use cases of telehealth beyond synchronous video calls
- Using acute-level hospital services as inspiration
- Looking at different disease processes
- Can technology drive equity?
- Algorithms assisting clinicians in making decisions
- Evidence for telehealth’s longevity
- Ensuring that patients are receiving appropriate care
- How virtual care can be a tool rather than a hurdle for clinicians
- Consolidation and integration will drive adoption
More about this episode: