Should telehealth be specialized or one-stop shop? — with Varsha Rao
NurX CEO Varsha Rao joins host Jonah Comstock and MobiHealthNews Managing Editor Laura Lovett to discuss her telehealth company’s journey from a laser focus on contraception to a broader play for women’s (and men’s) health that includes dermatology and migraines. Along the way, we also discuss broader trends in telehealth, challenges of femtech, and NurX’s foray into COVID-19 testing.
- NurX’s story
- What does it mean to be a female-focused telehealth company?
- Following a patient through her lifelong patient journey
- How NurX got into home COVID testing
- Digital health companies as service companies
- Challenges and advantages of a woman-led startup
- Things men don’t understand about contraception
- NurX’s roadmap for new products, and COVID’s effect on it
- Should telehealth be a one-stop shop?
- The advantages of asynchronous telemedicine
- Dealing with stigma in healthcare
- The future of digital health and telehealth
- NurX’s role in COVID-19 testing
- What’s next for NurX?
- Varsha’s advice for healthcare startups
More about this episode: