Leveraging care networks toward humanizing healthcare — with Dr. Summer Knight
In her new book Humanizing Healthcare, out April 6th, Dr. Summer Knight leverages her experiences as a physician, an entrepreneur, a patient, and a mother of a son with cancer to present a paradigm for how healthcare can change — to be a better experience for healthcare consumers, and find better cost savings and outcomes along the way.
Dr. Knight joins host Jonah Comstock to discuss some of the key ideas in the forthcoming book.
This episode is brought to you by League.
- Dr. Summer Knight’s story and why she wrote Humanizing Healthcare
- Humanizing Healthcare as a North Star for reforming all the parts of healthcare
- The 3 +1 key drivers of healthcare transformation
- Why humanity has to be hardwired in as technology improves
- Changing the culture of care delivery and creating therapeutic alliances
- Rethinking the healthcare consumer as client, not patient
- Healthfulness hubs – an infrastructure for operationalizing care networks
- Reforms to preventative care and healthcare finance
- Dr. Knight’s advice for HIMSSCast listeners
More about this episode: