How documentation burdens patients and clinicians, and what can be done — with Dr. Davin Lundquist
The EHR revolutionized medical record-keeping, but it also created burdensome workflows that create barriers to positive patient-doctor relationships, negatively impacting the experiences of both patients and physicians and even contributing heavily to clinician burnout.
Augmedix CMO and practicing physician Dr. Davin Lunquist joins us on today's episode of HIMSSCast to talk about the realities of documentation burden and what his company is doing to combat it.
Today's podcast is brought to you by Medallia.
- Davin’s background in clinical practice and at Augmedix
- How the introduction of the EHR has led to documentation burnout
- Documentation’s impact on the patient experience
- The difference between electronic and paper records
- Different approaches to solving for documentation burden
- Differences between dictation, transcription, and scribing
- The advantages of tech-enabled, remote scribing
- Real-time and recorded scribing
- Security and privacy provisions for scribing
- How do patients feel about a third person in the room?
- Augmedix’s scribing offering and telehealth
- What’s next for Augmedix?
- How scribing affects note accuracy
More about this episode: