Cybersecurity, patient experience and public health dominate HIMSS conversation
This week the HIMSS global conference was back in person after the COVID-19 pandemic sidelined last year's event. After a week packed with hundreds of educational sessions, scores of vendor demonstrations and new meet and greets, the HIMSS Media editors sit down for a debrief on cybersecurity, patient experience, public health, and more.
- The mood and feel at HIMSS21
- New cyber attacks require innovations in cybersecurity
- More attention paid to the voice of the patient
- Public health infrastructure gaps exposed by the pandemic
- More work still needed on interoperability
- Incorporating health equity and clinical trial diversity into the conversation
- AI/ML in a low-key but foundational role
- Star Trek and the Jetsons — models for healthcare
- Some keynote highlights
- COVID lessons, positive and negative
- The telehealth explosion and its aftermath
- Value-based care is coming, but when?
- Notes from the Pharma forum
More about this episode: