Common pitfalls of healthcare connectivity and what to do about them — with Dominic Marcellino
Telehealth is here to stay and it's dramatically changing the healthcare landscape. But there is no telehealth, no virtual visits, and no remote patient monitoring without reliable, secure connectivity — and that's not something that can be taken for granted.
In this episode, created in collaboration with sponsor Kajeet, host Jonah Comstock talks to Kajeet Director of Strategy Dominic Marcellino about some of the different roadblocks to secure, reliable connectivity and how to approach tackling them.
- Dominic’s journey to Kajeet and healthcare IoT
- Common healthcare connectivity pitfalls
- Connectivity in the consumer world vs the enterprise world
- The importance of patient and provider user experience
- What to do when patients lack necessary connectivity infrastructure?
- The current state of health data interoperability
- A lot of things have to line up for remote monitoring to work well
- Making health data not just readable but useful
- How to maintain security in IoT connectivity
- The relationship between security and HIPAA-compliance
- Dominic’s advice for providers
More about this episode: