Somalis—Can you name that supplement that everyone is taking? (Ahmed Ali, S1, Ep 5)
This is part II of our conversation with Ahmed Ali about Somalis in Washington. To hear the introduction to this topic and the full guest intro, please listen to the previous episode. Ahmed Ali is a pharmacist by profession and the executive director of the Somali Health Board.
In Part II of this conversation, we talk about
- what to be aware of during a patient encounter like naming and traditional clothing
- counseling about nutrition in a culturally appropriate way
- review a common supplement used in the community
- being careful about complimenting too much and bringing on the evil eye
- the numerous programs that the Somali Health Board runs to care for the community.
- Sign up on Healthcare for Humans website to join our community
- Subscribe and share this episode to help clinicians care for diverse communities better
- Follow Raj on Twitter