Ep. 15: Health Policy, Events, and Governance – Helen Disney (Founder of Unblocked Events)
Announcement: I will be in downtown Nashville, TN Nov 4-6 for the Distributed Health conference- https://health.distributed.com/
Helen Disney is the CEO and Founder of Unblocked, a hub for Blockchain events, education and information. She was listed in Innovate Finance’s 2016 Women in Fintech Powerlist and referred to by Barclays as a “Blockchain guru”.
Unblocked Events Homepage – https://unblockedevents.com
Healthcare Unblocked London – Nov 9, 2018 – https://unblockedevents.com/events/healthcare-unblocked-2018/
Conference Topics include:
o Can Blockchain help save costs and reform the NHS?
o Building a Decentralised Healthcare Identity
o Digital service records, analytics and actionable insights for medical devices and equipment
o The Disrupting Convergence of Blockchain, AI & Healthcare
o Preventive medicine and longevity – what role can blockchain play?
o What are the new business models being enabled by the rise of tokenisation?
• What is Unblocked Events and why did you start it?
• Different verticals in the blockchain including healthcare, energy, creative content sharing
• Helen co-authored two books on healthcare: IMPATIENT FOR CHANGE: European Attitudes To Healthcare Reform, 2004 | POLES APART: Eastern European Attitudes To Healthcare Reform, 2005
• Lack of patient agency in the existing healthcare system
• Actionable data insights and patient centered experience is still not on par with the consumer experiences with other industries
• Bi-lateral relationship with stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem
• Obstacles and challenges faced in setting up conference events
• Bitcoin and blockchain adoption trends
• Decentralized jurisdictions and governance system like the Decenturion State can change the way we interact with our government – https://decenturion.com/
• How will the government and healthcare will work together to drive public policy in a decentralized world?
• Security using blockchain to enable provenance of data used in artificial intelligence systems
• Blockchain as a substrate for our future global economy
• Skepticism around individually owned patient records
• What would you consider to be your biggest mistake and what did you learn from it?
Upcoming Health IT events
1. Beverly Hills Health IT Summit
November 8 – 9, 2018 Beverly Hills, CA
This is the final event for the Health IT summit series which is partnership between Renowned Healthcare Informatics and KLAS Enterprises (KLAS) where they offer exclusive education sessions to educators, providers, government officials, vendors, and consultants.
2. Playing with FHIR – An ONC Developer Workshop
November 27 – November 28
The Workshop seeks to catalyze new ideas and approaches to using FHIR to solve interoperability issues.
The workshop event is free and open to anyone who’s interested in playing with FHIR
3. BLOCKCHAIN HEALTH IT SUMMIT
December 5-6, 2018
San Diego, California
“Utilizing Blockchain to Transform Healthcare Systems and Business Practice”
The Blockchain Health IT Summit will offer key insight on the future of blockchain business models in healthcare, and how this disruptive technology will go on to innovate healthcare delivery for years to come.
• Guest episodes mentioned about decentralized government from Ray’s other podcast PFL with Stephanie and Luis: https://pflpodcast.com/2018/03/10/ep-51-decentralized-voting-with-sandra-miller-from-democracy-earth/