Ep. 114: Evolution of Data-Driven Health – Michael Geer (co-founder of humanity.health)
In this episode of the Health Unchained Podcast, Ray Dogum interviews Michael Geer, CEO of Humanity, discussing various topics in healthcare and technology. They explore the balance between privacy and data utilization, emphasizing collaborative AI and the social aspect in Web 3.0. They delve into synthetic data, genetic testing, and advancements in wearable technology, as well as the potential of DAOs and data pods in the future. Geer highlights the importance of empowering individuals, inspiring others, and fostering excitement for new ideas to drive technological advancements in healthcare.
Links and Resources:
Topics Covered Include:
- 00:00:00 – Health Unchain Updates and Announcements
- 00:02:44 – Health Unchained Podcast: Blockchain Revolutionizing Healthcare
- 00:05:23 – Anchor Free: Internet Freedom Against Censorship Bills
- 00:06:58 – Scaling Web Three in Healthcare
- 00:09:49 – Adapting to New Medical Technologies
- 00:12:40 – Predicting Future Health Events with Health Data
- 00:14:36 – Balancing Privacy and Learning from Data
- 00:20:31 – Collaborative AI in Healthcare
- 00:23:19 – Ownership and Control of Personal Health Data
- 00:24:50 – Federated Learning: Privacy-Preserving Data Learning
- 00:29:41 – Data Use and Privacy in Society
- 00:32:41 – Data Privacy and Data Pods in Web 3.0
- 00:34:54 – Tim Berners Lee’s Explanation of the Internet to Nancy Pelosi
- 00:38:38 – Advancements in Wearable Technology: Future Predictions
- 00:40:24 – Creating More Googles and Apples in the Investment Community
- 00:43:56 – Collaborative Goals for Personalized Health Guidance
- 00:47:20 – Benefits of DAOs with Specific Missions
- 00:49:31 – Limits and Possibilities in Technology and Expertise
- 00:50:40 – Health Unchained News Corner
- 00:55:33 – Excitement as the Key to Advancement in Technology
May 2023 saw hardware wallet manufacturer, Ledger, unveiling its novel service, Ledger Recover, a platform designed for secure seed phrase storage—a necessary component for cryptocurrency recovery. Despite Ledger’s assurances of fragmenting and encrypting seed phrases across multiple entities, critics within the crypto community voice concerns over potential security risks, including data theft and privacy breaches linked to the requisite provision of email addresses and phone numbers. Amidst debates on self-custody versus third-party storage and the ever-evolving digital security landscape, Ledger emphasizes its service’s optional nature, allowing users to continue managing their recovery phrase independently. This narrative underlines the importance of understanding and navigating digital security in our data-intensive world, where private key loss and third-party key theft are distinct possibilities.
Find a link to Ledger’s Recover FAQ page.
Don’t forget to subscribe and share this episode to someone who would enjoy listening.
Health Unchained Links
Vibe Bio Links
Part of Ray’s new role includes hosting a new series called VibeCast focused on Vibe Bio’s community. To stay up-to-date with VibeCast and other Vibe Bio updates, you can follow us on: