Psychedelic Therapy: Safety, Legal Standards, and Clinician Education | Dr. Lynn Marie Morski
Listen to Dr. Lynn Marie Morski, physician and medical attorney, discuss the safety, legal, and clinical considerations regarding psychedelic therapy in the U.S.
In this second episode of the three-part series on psychedelic-assisted therapy, Dr. Lynn Marie Morski, a physician and attorney specializing in psychedelics, discusses various aspects of psychedelics and their integration into healthcare.
Dr. Morski shares her journey and how she became passionate about educating clinicians on psychedelic medicine. We discuss the current legality of psychedelics in healthcare, safety concerns, and the lack of protocols. Dr. Morski talks about what to consider when choosing a psychedelic therapy provider, emphasizing the importance of training, ethics, and safety measures. We touch on the debate of whether therapists should have personal psychedelic experiences before offering guided psychedelic therapy, and the potential for psychedelics to become part of mainstream healthcare.
Listen to this insightful conversation to explore the challenges of psychedelic therapy, the potential benefits of psychedelics for women’s health, and advice for physicians and patients interested in exploring psychedelic treatments. Learn about the exciting developments in psychedelic research, including the investigation of psychedelics for stroke recovery and the exploration of non-hallucinatory psychedelics.
- The need for clinician education on the use and potential benefits of psychedelic-assisted therapy
- The legality of psychedelics as medical treatment medicine in the U.S.
- The need for safety protocols and guidelines in psychedelic therapy
- The importance of vetting facilitators and retreat centers that offer psychedelic therapies, and how to go about that process
- The debate on whether therapists should have personal psychedelic experiences to have common ground with patients
- Legal challenges and potential lawsuits that currently limit the mainstream use of psychedelics in healthcare
“There are a lot of things you can do [when choosing guided psychedelic therapy]. But pay attention to your intuition because you are handing over your consciousness to this person. And if you have any doubts in your gut about that, that’s going to be setting you up for failure from the beginning.” — Dr Lynn Marie Morski
Related to this episode:
- Resources for Mental Health
- Listen to the series on Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy
- Check out the Psychedelic Medicine Association or follow them on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Check out the Psychedelic Medicine Podcast. Follow on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Stay in touch with Dr Lynn Marie Morski
If you’re passionate about advancing women’s health, there are many ways you can support the Fempower Health Podcast. Here’s how:
- Subscribe and Listen: Tune in to new episodes every Tuesday by subscribing to the Fempower Health Podcast on iTunes or Spotify or your favorite podcast platform. Your regular listenership is invaluable!
- Leave a Review: Help us grow by leaving a review on iTunes or Spotify. Your feedback not only supports us but also helps others discover our podcast.
- Share with Others: Spread the word by sharing episodes with friends, family, or anyone interested in women’s health. Every share helps!
- Donate: To assist in covering our production costs and to keep delivering quality content, consider making a donation. Every contribution, big or small, makes a difference.
- Engage with Our Community: Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for the latest updates and engaging content.
- Stay Informed: Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest announcements, news, and research directly in your inbox.
- Reach Out: We love hearing from you! Reach out for inquiries, outreach, or even to share your questions and topics of interest.
Together, let’s build a stronger community dedicated to women’s health. Your support is crucial in this journey!
Lynn Marie Morski, MD, JD, is the president of the Psychedelic Medicine Association, host of the Psychedelic Medicine Podcast, and the Director of Education at Unlimited Sciences. She sits on the advisory boards of Psychedelics Today, Cybin, VETS, Inc. (Veterans Exploring Treatment Solutions), the Oxenberg Foundation, and the Ketamine Task Force.
Dr. Morski received her medical degree from St. Louis University School of Medicine, completed family medicine residency at Mayo Clinic, and did her sports medicine fellowship at the University of Arizona. She later received her law degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law and is a member of the California Bar.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**