Managing Thyroid Disease: What are the Missing Pieces to Your Jigsaw Puzzle?
The World Health Organization estimates that over 750 million people suffer from some sort of thyroid condition yet about 60% go undiagnosed. Rachel Hill is a highly ranked and multi award winning thyroid patient advocate, writer, speaker and author behind The Invisible Hypothyroidism. She speaks about the following:
- Her story, including why and how she became such an influential advocate
- What she means by “the thyroid jigsaw puzzle”
- Examples of how you can find the right pieces to your own “thyroid jigsaw puzzle”
- Important details about advocating for and understanding your lab results
- What the spoon theory is and how is can help transform how you speak with others about your condition
- How to navigate the common feeling of isolation
- Motivating tips on living your life to the fullest
Interested in reading the podcast? Check out the transcript.
Referenced in the podcast & related episodes:
- Rachel’s Website, Newsletters, Facebook Page & Instagram
- Rachel’s Books: You, Me and Hypothyroidism: When Someone You Love Has Hypothyroidism & Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate: When You’re Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired
- Spotify Playlist: Thyroid Disease
- Episode: Could your Unresolved Symptoms be a Thyroid Condition?
- Episode: Thyroid Disease: You’re Not Alone
- Fempower Health Recommended Products for Thyroid Disease
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Follow the podcast and tell your friends!
- Shop the Fempower Health store, which has many products discussed on the podcast.
More About Rachel Hill
Rachel Hill is the highly ranked and multi-award winning thyroid patient advocate, writer, speaker and author behind The Invisible Hypothyroidism. Her thyroid advocacy work includes writing articles, authoring books, producing her Thyroid Family email newsletters and speaking on podcasts, as well as being a founding board member for the American College of Thyroidology. She is well-recognised as a crucial and influential contributor to the thyroid community and has a large social media presence.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions.
Contains affiliate links