Living Through Ambiguous Grief | Stephanie Sarazin
Grief is a normal part of life. But sometimes, we have to grieve the loss of a loved one who is still living, which isn’t as socially welcomed as the grief of physical death. In this episode, author Stephanie Sarazin joins Fempower Health to explore what she termed “ambiguous grief.”
We discuss the important lessons from her book, “Soul Broken: A Guidebook for Your Journey Through Ambiguous Grief,” including infidelity, divorce, coming to terms with grief, and the difference between false hope and acceptance.
Discussed in this episode:
- Different types of grief and the social norms around them
- How to comfort someone who is grieving
- What is ambiguous grief and how do you get through it?
- The dangers of misdirected hope
- Finding recovery from the compounded stress of ambiguous grief
- How do people recover from grief, let go, and live their lives?
- Navigating grief and then paying it forward
“Recovery is a place where I’m living as my whole self, I’ve integrated my grief, and I’m okay.” – Stephanie Sarazin
Related to this episode:
- Get the Book: Soul Broken by Stephanie Sarazin
- Stephanie’s Website: www.stephaniesarazin.com
- Stephanie’s Instagram: @stephing_thru
- Stephanie’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/stephaniesarazin
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**