LISTEN AGAIN: Pain with Sex? What You Can Do About It | Dr. Jill Krapf
Painful sex is not something women should have to suffer though. Yet women struggle to find answers and/or grin and bear it for a variety of reasons.
Dr. Jill Krapf, a board-certified Obstetrician Gynecologist, specializes in female sexual pain disorders at The Center for Vulvovaginal Disorders. Her deep knowledge on the topic and passion for helping women certainly comes through in this episode.
Dr. Krapf shares:
- Foundations of female anatomy
- Symptoms related to pain with sex
- Four main causes for pain with sex and typical treatments for each
- How you can find support
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes!
Check out the following previous episodes referenced:
- Spotify Playlist Sexual Health
- Spotify Playlist Pelvic Floor
- Corey Hazama | Pelvic Floor PT and Pain
- Dr. Allyson Shrikhande | How Pelvic Floor Rehab Can Help you in Surprising Ways
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Subscribe to the podcast and tell your friends!
- Shop the Fempower Health store, which has many products discussed on the podcast.
More About Dr Jill Krapf, MD MEd FACOG IF
Dr. Jill Krapf is a board-certified Obstetrician Gynecologist specializing in female sexual pain disorders at The Center for Vulvovaginal Disorders in Washington, D.C. She is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The George Washington University.
Dr. Krapf is active in research and has published chapters and peer-reviewed articles on vulvodynia and vulvar lichen sclerosus. She is Associate Editor for the medical journal Sexual Medicine, as well as for the textbook Female Sexual Pain Disorders, 2nd Edition. She is a Fellow of the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH), serving on the Education Committee and the Social Media Committee. She shares educational content on her Instagram page @jillkrapfmd.