Knowing Your Thyroid Levels During Pregnancy | Dr. Katie Rothwell
Thyroid plays an essential role in fertility, pregnancy, and postpartum. There are several things we should all know about healthy thyroid levels, whether living with an existing thyroid condition or experiencing unexpected hormone changes after conception.
In this episode, Dr. Katie Rothwell shares her expertise on all things thyroid health. Dr. Katie Rothwell is a naturopathic doctor and educator who specializes in thyroid problems and pregnancy. She covers how to understand your thyroid levels in pregnancy, ideal thyroid levels for fertility, and what women should consider when trying to conceive if they have a diagnosed thyroid condition.
Discussed in this episode:
- Important things to understand about thyroid during fertility and pregnancy
- How to know optimal thyroid levels in pregnancy
- Thyroid testing and pregnancy
- TSH and other important thyroid screenings for fertility
- Secondary infertility and Hashimoto’s disease
- Lactation production and hormones
- Can pregnancy cause thyroid problems?
- What should women with thyroid conditions do when pursuing pregnancy?
- Managing stress during pregnancy and postpartum
“There is so much that changes during pregnancy and postpartum — we don’t always attribute those changes to thyroid health. But we really need to be screening our women in those time frames, especially if they have a known thyroid issue.” – Dr. Katie Rothwell
Related to this episode:
- Related Episode: Could Your Undiagnosed Symptoms Be Thyroid Disease? | Denise Roguz
- Related Episode: Thyroid Disease: You’re Not Alone | Victoria Gasparini
- Related Episode: Managing Thyroid Disease: The Missing Pieces to the Thyroid Jigsaw Puzzle | Rachel Hill
- Follow Dr. Rothwell on Instagram: @your.thyroid.nd
- The Thyroid Academy: www.thethyroidacademy.com
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Join Fempower Health on Patreon
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**