Innovations in Breast Cancer: Take Charge of Your Breast Health | Dr. Anna Daily & Dr. Brigitte Piniewski
At the current rate, about 1 in 8 American women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. Breast cancer is the second most common cancer among women, but early detection could prevent this growing statistic.
In this episode, Dr. Anna Daily and Dr. Brigitte Piniewski join to discuss important movements in breast health, breast cancer, and the future of scientific and crowd-based medical research. Anna Daily and Dr. Piniewski explain the new FemTech platform, Auria: a personalized, innovative at-home breast health assessment.
Dr. Anna Daily, PhD, is the Chief Scientific Officer at Namida Lab and the inventor of Auria, the first at-home breast health risk assessment technology that uses tears as a diagnostic biofluid. Dr. Brigitte Piniewski is the Interim Chief Medical Officer at Namida Lab, a medical technology expert, and the author of Wealthcare: Demystifying Web3 and the Rise of Personal Data Economies (available February 2023).
Discussed in this episode:
- The importance of women’s participation in medical research and science to benefit future generations
- Facts and risk factors of breast cancer
- The importance of detecting the early signs of breast cancer
- The history of breast cancer and its prevalence in the U.S.
- What crowd-based technology is and how it can help the prevention of breast cancer
- How Auria is building a breast health and wellness community
- How tears, specifically, can be used as a breast health assessment
- Patient medical data, Web3, and the future healthcare economy
“The next generation relies on us to participate in [scientific] crowd-based models if we’re ever going to move away from 1 in 8 women having breast cancer. Whatever is possible to be prevented should be prevented. But prevention isn’t going to happen only using the technologies that we’ve been using in the past.” – Dr. Brigitte Piniewski
Related to this episode:
- Learn more about Auria: www.auria.care
- Auria for Physicians & Providers: www.auria.care/providers
- Get Dr. Piniewski’s book: Wealthcare
- Learn more: Using Tears as a Source for Early Detection of Breast Cancer
- Learn more: Tears as the Next Diagnostic Biofluid
- Related episodes featuring FemTech Developments
Spread the awareness and share this episode with someone you know!
Support and connect with our women’s health community:
- Subscribe to the Fempower Health Podcast for new episodes every Tuesday
- Visit us online at www.fempower-health.com
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter for the latest announcements, news, and research
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Join Fempower Health on Patreon
- Email us for inquiries & outreach: [email protected]
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for informational purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**