How to Become Your Own Pleasure Activist | Dr. Cat Meyer
Dr. Cat Meyer, PsyD, LMFT is a licensed psychotherapist specializing in sex, trauma, and ketamine-assisted therapy (KAP), author, yoga teacher, and international speaker dedicated to evolving the relationship we have surrounding sexuality and our bodies. She is the host of podcasts Eat Play Sex and Erotically Wasted and the founder of SexLoveYoga.com, an online platform for education and programs on relationships, sexuality, and embodiment.
We discuss the following about how you can define and experience your greatest pleasure.
- How our core belief systems impact our sexuality and comfort with who we are
- The importance of self inquiry and discernment to more consciously consent
- How to access your pleasure, including recommended tools to support this experience
- Defining whether pleasure equals orgasm
- How to develop a relationship to your body and the impact of not doing so
- The importance of being able to receive pleasure
- How to communicate your needs, wants, and desires
“We are still responsible for our pleasure. We are also responsible for our vulnerability and our ability to receive – receive touch or compliments or love, even. By the nature of entering into relationships, there will be moments we won’t feel safe. And that is vulnerability.” – Dr. Cat Meyer
Follow Dr Cat Meyer on Instagram
- Dr Cat Meyer’s Book Sex, Love, Yoga
- Eat.Play.Sex and Erotically Wasted Podcasts
- Un.done women’s sensual yoga experience
- Netflix Series The Principles of Pleasure
- Fempower Health Podcast Playlist on Sex Ed
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Tell 2-3 of your friends about this episode!
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**
Dr. Cat Meyer
Dr. Cat Meyer, PsyD, LMFT is a licensed psychotherapist specializing in sex, trauma, and ketamine-assisted therapy (KAP), author, yoga teacher, and international speaker dedicated to evolving the relationship we have surrounding sexuality and our bodies. Dr Cat is the founder of SexLoveYoga.com, an online platform integrating various schools of thought including science, tantra, yoga, psychedelic therapy, and psychology designed to help people create a deeply fulfilling, prosperous relational and sexual life. As an expert and published researcher on the topic of sexual health, Dr. Cat sees clients in her private practice office in Beverly Hills and leads workshops, lectures, and retreats internationally. Dr. Cat is the host of the podcasts Eat.Play.Sex and Erotically Wasted, co-founder of Un.done women’s sensual yoga experience.