Fertility Treatments: Navigating the Exorbitant Costs | Barb Collura of RESOLVE
Infertility treatments are costly. Even with companies offering coverage, those trying to build families need to prepare for the financial obligations ahead. Barb Collura, the President/CEO of Resolve: The National Infertility Association, walks us through what you need to do to prepare.
In this episode, Barb covers:
- What Resolve does to support those building their families
- Types of insurance coverage
- How you can impact your company’s coverage and State Mandates
- Alternative ways to cover fertility treatments
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes!
Referenced in the podcast:
- June 17 Advocacy Day
- National Infertility Awareness Week
- Information on Insurance Coverage
- Resolve’s Facebook Group
- Find Support
- State mandates
- The Role of Chinese Medicine
- Ovulation & the Role of Progesterone Metabolite
- Optimizing your Fertility BEFORE Pursuing Expensive Treatments
- Tracking your Hormones
- Transforming Male Fertility
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Follow the podcast and tell your friends!
- Shop the Fempower Health store for products discussed on the podcast.
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
More About Barbara Collura
Barbara is a nationally recognized expert on infertility and the family building journey, with a special emphasis on the personal experience of those struggling to build their family. She has worked with The WHO on infertility definitions and clinical guidelines, worked with ACOG on their clinical definitions for infertility, and served on the Advisory Council of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development at NIH. Barbara is an expert on public policy issues facing the infertility community that impact both patient access and clinical care. She has been a guest on the TODAY Show, MSNBC, Fox & Friends, and Nightline. She is routinely quoted in major media outlets on a variety of topics related to infertility. In 2014, Barbara received the Distinguished Service Award from the ASRM. Barbara is passionate about RESOLVE’s mission as the organization was a source of support and information during her own battle with infertility. She can be reached directly at [email protected].
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions.