Endometriosis: Lessons from a Patient and Advocate | Melissa Boudreau
Endometriosis impacts 1 in 10 women and takes an average of 7-10 years to diagnose. Given it is Endometriosis Awareness Month, I thought this was the perfect time to hear from Melissa Boudreau.
- Her endometriosis story
- Suggestions for finding the right doctor for you
- Themes she’s learned through her advocacy work and podcast
- Tools to support you in your journey
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes!
Check out the following referenced in the podcast:
- Nancy’s Nook
- I Care Better
- It Fits Bar
- Body Belief by Aimee Raupp
- Gluten free apple cider donuts recipe
- Dr Tamer Seckin | Endometriosis: Why Women are Dismissed and What They Should Do
- Aimee Raupp | It’s NOT Your Genetics, It’s Your Lifestyle: Unpacking the Science of Epigenetics
- Chris Jackson | Could Unexplained Infertility Finally be Explained with this Test?
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Subscribe to the podcast and tell your friends!
- Shop the Fempower Health store, which has many products discussed on the podcast.
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
More About Melissa Boudreau
Melissa Boudreau grew up in Detroit, MI, and is a lover of Detroit, the Caribbean, NYC, and Michigan. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Management from Ashford University and a Master of Arts in Public Relations, Advertising, and Applied Communications from Michigan State University. Melissa is considered an expert in social media marketing, print media and certified in YouTube and Google AdWords through the Michigan State New Media Driver’s License.
Melissa and her husband, Bryan, reside in Royal Oak, MI, and together enjoy traveling, Detroit Lions football, and of course, going to the movies.
In 2017, she launched a protein bar; It Fits bar, after she struggled to find one that met her needs.