Dr. Gretchen Kubacky | PCOS: Supporting your Mental Health
In acknowledgement of PCOS Awareness Month, Dr Gretchen Kubacky speaks to the mental health impacts of PCOS. Dr Gretchen is a health psychologist in private practice in Southern California and author of The PCOS Mood Cure and Moving Through Grief. She is a Certified PCOS Educator, a frequent lecturer on women’s health, and the founder of the popular website, PCOSwellness.com. She is dedicated to education, advocacy, and empowerment for women and girls with PCOS.
On this episode, Dr Gretchen discusses:
- Why it is important to manage PCOS as soon as possible
- How and why PCOS and mental health go hand in hand
- Simple tips for managing your PCOS and mental health
- And most importantly – why there is no magic fix and what you can do about it instead
“And so the reality is that there’s no magic way to fix all of this. Everybody’s solution does have to be customized. And I think that’s a really unappealing option. People want to be handed the one pill, here’s the diet – “Here’s the exercise plan. That’s all you have to do. It’ll fix everything.” It rarely works that way in PCOS.”
More about Spoon Theory: https://outline.com/F5xh5V
Follow Dr Gretchen @gkubacky and @pcoswellness
Share this episode with the women in your life!
Join a community of women who are committed to better health:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram
- Like Fempower Health on Facebook
- Follow Fempower Health on Twitter
- Visit our website for more reading, resource and product recommendations
NOTE: Fempower Health may receive a nominal fee for products purchased. The purpose of the podcast, however, is for education purposes only. Always go to a medical professional of your choosing.