S6: #059: Martin Kelly on Collaboration with Startups and Corporates
In this episode I spoke with Martin Kelly, the CEO and co-founder of Health XL. Health XL provides a platform and services to connect people, companies, and solutions to lead the change needed in healthcare. But before I recently had a chance to meet and speak with Martin, I would probably have described Health XL as one of the most impactful organizations that I’d heard of, but that I knew very little about. When I was introduced to Martin late last year, and I learned more about their work, I knew I wanted to have him come on and share some of the work that Health XL is doing, and, importantly, share how you can also contribute to and benefit from being a part of their organization or taking part in their events.
Speaking of events, Martin and I talk about some of the Health XL events for early 2018. We recorded this a few weeks ago so unfortunately some of the events have passed – but there is an upcoming event in London, England taking place on Wednesday May 2, and when last I checked there were still a few spots available. So get online and visit healhthxl.com and apply to be a part of it. I’ll be there and we will be talking about Precision Medicine, Chatbots, Deep Learning for Drug Discovery, Digital Therapeutics and more. It’s going to be a great day, and the event is limited to 100 people so be sure to go apply now if you’d like to be a part of it.
- Previous work with IBM smart camp and helping established IBM venture capital group
- The catalyst that drove to creating HealthXL
- Importance in networks of collaboration with entrepreneurs, innovators and health practitioners
- Using Health XL’s platform to connect with leaders and organizations
- The entrepreneurial environment in Ireland and the current status of Digital Health
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Martin Kelly on Twitter
- Martin Kelly on LinkedIn
- Health XL on Twitter
- Health XL on the Web
- Beats Medical
- FIRE1 – novel remote monitoring devices
- Health Beacon – Smart tools for managing medication
- One View Health
- Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today Save & Exit
This episode is made possible by Medable. Medable enables mobile solutions to globalize clinical research with anytime, anywhere participant data capture through connected devices. Learn more at medable.com and get a demo today.