Conscious Communication in CME Content Creation
Crystal Herron, PhD, ELS founder of Redwood Ink, is an editor, educator and coach. In this episode, she shares her insights into building relationships through supportive, mindful collaboration.
Crystal explains how cultivating a gentle and informative manner for feedback promotes longevity with clients. This mindful approach is evident in her informative website resources and newsletter, which are well worth checking out.
Crystal advises cultivating a communication skills mindset, with self-awareness and self-regulation at the center through the following:
- Slowing down when gathering information
- Allowing for curiosity
- Journaling, using the 5-minute morning and evening feedback practice (here’s how Tim Ferriss uses this practice)
Crystal also counsels us to consider the emotions behind our writing and content creation. Understanding how our audience feels, not just their interests or knowledge base, allows us to form stronger connections with readers (and learners). Achieving this connection requires going beyond the text and cultivating direct interactions with readers and learners.
Resources for Developing Communication Skills
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- Nonviolent Communication: A language of life by Marshall Rosenberg
- The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership by Jim Dethmer
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Difficult Conversations by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton and Sheila Heen
- Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown
Crystal is offering a 5% discount for her Scientific Writing Masterclass . Next session starts January 30. Registration closes January 23. The code does not expire.
Text Expander Shortcuts: save time with snippets
Autotext is built into Microsoft Word
📍Grab the WriteCME Roadmap
⭐ Review the podcast
🗞️ Biweekly Newsletter with tips and resources to enrich your CME content niche
➡️ Join WriteCME Pro for ongoing professional development
🌐 Podcast website
🎙️ Share the podcast