Dr. Nicole Rochester: Diversity and Inclusion in Healthcare Leadership
My guest Dr. Nicole T. Rochester is a board-certified pediatrician, professional health advocate, TEDx, and keynote speaker, and the CEO of Your GPS Doc, LLC, an innovative company that helps aging individuals, those with chronic illnesses, and their family caregivers navigate the healthcare system. Dr. Rochester was inspired to start her company after caring for her late father and witnessing the complicated healthcare system from the other side of the stethoscope.
In addition to her health advocacy practice, Dr. Rochester has an active presence on social media and provides useful tips and information on her YouTube show, Navigator Nuggets. She has been featured on television, is a frequent podcast guest, and has contributed to numerous digital publications. Dr. Rochester is a health equity champion and consultant and is committed to using her personal and professional insight to positively transform the healthcare system.
In this episode we discuss:
- What was instrumental in Dr. Nicole’s career and leadership journey.
- What a day as a healthcare advocate and health equity champion looks like.
- The definition of diversity, equity, and inclusion as it relates to leadership in healthcare and serving the underserved.
- How diversity in leadership can help to reduce those disparities and improve care.
- The reason why diversity in leadership is vital to healthcare.
- What healthcare organizations can do to achieve diversity, equity, and inclusion in the C-suite.
Follow Dr. Nicole
Follow Dr. Lisa
If you’re ready to transition into a leadership role and need support during your career journey join our private Facebook group www.leadingladiesincharge.com
Schedule your free leadership consulting call to identify the specific support you need in your leadership journey at schedulewithdrlisa.com