Advocating for Change in Healthcare and Infertility with Nurse Practitioner & Coach, Tara Brandner
In this week’s episode, I am joined by Tara Brandner, a nurse practitioner and infertility “warrior” turned full-time fertility coach. She’s spent the past decade pursuing nursing including a master’s and doctorate degree. She endured a long road through infertility followed by infertility treatments and a traumatic pregnancy.
After experiencing a long road through infertility, she decided she wanted to help couples in their journey to grow their family. Through her experiences as a healthcare professional and personal struggle with infertility, she recognized there are large gaps of care for women and couples struggling with infertility. She chose to change paths to provide a full suite of coaching services and support for those struggling to build their family.
Tara shares her story of infertility, and how her own experience has led to advocating for change after being on the other side of the system. We discuss how she helps patients take back control of their healthcare, the mental health component of infertility, why women aren’t talking about their own struggles in this space, and what can be done in healthcare to help those going through these experiences.
Tune in to this week’s episode to learn:
- What gaps in the healthcare system Tara noticed from being on the other side
- How to begin advocating for what you are passionate about
- Why women aren’t talking about infertility and how we can change the stigma
- What patients can do to take back control of their healthcare
- How Tara learned to become an entrepreneur in the medical field & start her non-profit
Grab your drink of choice and join the conversation!
Connect with Jennifer George:
- @bestobsessed_with_jenn | Instagram
- Jennifer George | Website
- @jenngeorge08) | Twitter
- Jennifer George | Facebook
Click here to check out my book about connecting and communicating with patients to empower their experiences!
Stay up to date on everything happening with the Healthcare Provider Happy Hour by subscribing to my weekly newsletter at www.jennifergeorge.co