What are Virtual Assistants and How Can Practices Leverage them? #161
Welcome to another episode of the Patient Convert Podcast! Our guests for today’s episode are Dr. Steven Kupferman and Dr. Omid Shaye. They have founded MedVA after pioneering the use of healthcare Virtual Assistants for both improving the quality of patient care and saving money on staffing. Let’s dive a little bit more into what they have done before starting this great project.
Dr. Kupferman is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Los Angeles, California. He is the founding physician of LACOMS (Los Angeles’s premier Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Center) where he first pioneered the use of Virtual Assistants.
Dr. Shaye is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Beverly Hills, CA. He is a co-founder of Gastroenterology Associates of Beverly Hills, one of the Beverly Hills area’s leading Gastroenterology practices, where he first pioneered the use of Virtual Assistants.
Stay tuned until the end to know more about Medical Virtual Assistance, and how it started to be used with great effectiveness to grow practices!
[00:01 – 10:57] Medical Virtual Assistance
- I introduce our guests Dr. Steven Kupferman and Dr. Omid Shaye.
- Dr.Kupferman and Dr. Shaye provide a bit of background.
- How they introduce virtual assistance.
- The benefits of this practice in the medical field.
- Patients’ satisfaction.
- How they started finding remote employees.
[10:58 – 15:06] Why the Philippines?
- Dr. Shaye talks about the advantages of working with people from the Philippines.
- There is a Healthcare oriented culture.
- Nurses are really committed to the medical field.
- The qualities and training of the virtual.
- The transition to work remotely.
[15:07 – 25:41] MEDVA – Medical & Dental Virtual Assistant
- Dr. Kupferman provides information about the company they have founded.
- Different ways virtual assistance can be used.
- How doctor offices can benefit from remote employees.
- Implement training programs for all virtual assistants.
- Help offices and medical centers think out of the box: What can they do to leverage MEDVA?
- Dr. Shaye mentions how MEDVA deals with HIPAA, Security, and access in the EMR.
- There is a security firewall to prevent security breaches and HIPAA violations.
- Virtual assistants go to extensive training.
[25:42 – 31:23] Closing Segment
- How to connect with Dr. Kupferman and Dr. Omid Shaye.
- Links are available below.
- Final words
- Stay tuned for more. Links available below.
“There is a cultural and work ethic benefit there. My virtual staff are the most dedicated employees I’ve ever had.They are really committed, they are excited about being part of our practice.They are incredibly hard-working” – Omid Shaye
“I was able to interact and access my remote staff better and faster than the staff that were actually in my office… Here, I just clicked on zoom and they were on my screen within seconds” – Steven Kupferman.
Subscribed Yet? Now you can!
What We Do
Check out our Healthcare Marketing Agency – Intrepy Healthcare Marketing
Check out our physician liaison training platform – Physician Liaison University
Leave a Rating & Review for Other Listeners!
I hope that you have found this episode and any others you have listened to to be helpful in your growth as a healthcare marketer or practice owner. Please consider leaving a review on one of the channels above.
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher as well.
Your ratings and reviews help get the podcast in front of new listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thanks for listening. Kelley Knott