How CTCA Became the Leader in Patient Centric Marketing w/ Ken Chaplin, CMO of CTCA #127
Today we had the pleasure of speaking with the chief marketing officer of Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Ken Chaplin. After building up his experience with different markets, different forms of marketing, and working for various companies, Ken moved to the healthcare industry marketing scene. Ken focuses on a marketing strategy centered around the consumers.
Let’s dive into Ken’s story of how CTCA leads the industry in patient-centric marketing.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 02:18] Opening Segment
- We introduce our guest, Ken Chaplin
- Ken talks about his journey and what led him to Cancer Treatment Center America
- Over 25 years in marketing-related capacities
- Worked at The Walt Disney Company for 11 years
- Started at Burbank and was able to take on a few overseas assignments
[02:19 – 14:48] Transition to a Different Side of the Marketing World
- What makes healthcare marketing different from other industries?
- Ken talks about how their team works their way through the various departments in their organization while staying engaged with consumers and providers
- Ken tells us about how they tailor their marketing strategies based on their consumers
- Shares the core foundation of what CTCA was built on
- The Mother Standard: Giving the care that you deserve
- Getting patients involved
- Ken shares how they at CTCA help patients understand the risks and how they’re keeping them safe amidst this COVID-19 pandemic
- Partnering with the medical community
- Online digital resources
[14:49 – 21:18] Switching Gears in CTCA’s Marketing
- Ken talks about the measures they are taking to make their services easier to find and readily available online.
- Focusing on the “paid search world.”
- Video marketing
- Direct communication with consumers
- Building a data structure
- Leveraging landing pages
- Building a trust relationship
[21:19 – 29:54] Physician Relations
- How CTCA is building their physician referral relationships in this COVID-19 situation
- Working with the local community
- In a network with the insurance providers
- Continued communication with patients and physicians
- How CTCA can be an outlet for communities that need help
- Patient empowerment
- Use of the Zoom App and other platforms to stay connected, spread information, and for constant communication
- Featuring physicians
- Providing education, resources, etc.
[29:55 – 40:31] Telehealth
- Ken talks about his forecasts on the biggest changes the healthcare industry will face in the upcoming months
- Adaptation of Telehealth
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- For the industry: continuing to reinvent myself and stay an innovative leading influencer in the market
- To my team: be someone that can help develop my team
- To the consumers: continue to provide information to reach consumers so that we can help them
- Connect with Ken and Cancer Treatment Centers of American online!
- See below for social links.
“What we are just trying to say is, ‘Hey, there are options, and you can, to your point, take your treatment, take your journey, and control it yourself.’ Be empowered to make those decisions. You have a partner, and you have a partner who’s going to deliver you with a power of a plan to get you the treatment you need certainly.” – Ken Chaplin
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Zoom App
- Biweekly Webcasts via Facebook Live with Dr. Pat Basu
Subscribed Yet? Now you can!
Subscribe to the Patient Convert Podcast and never miss a new episode!
What We Do
Check out our Healthcare Marketing Agency – Intrepy Healthcare Marketing
Check out our physician liaison training platform – Physician Liaison University
Leave a Rating & Review for Other Listeners!
I hope that you have found this episode and any others you have listened to to be helpful in your growth as a healthcare marketer or practice owner. Please consider leaving a review on one of the channels above.
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave us a brief review! You can do the same on Stitcher as well.
Your ratings and reviews help get the podcast in front of new listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thanks for listening. Kelley Knott