What health systems need to know about FCA enforcement initiatives – with Ethan Davis
In February, the federal government announced that the DOJ's Civil Division had recovered more than $5.6 billion in settlements and judgments under the False Claims Act, or FCA, for fiscal year 2021. This was a huge increase from the previous year – and almost 90% of that money was related to health industry claims.
Joining Healthcare IT News Senior Editor Kat Jercich to discuss past and future enforcement initiatives is Ethan Davis, partner at King & Spalding.
- A government wake-up on private equity enforcement
- DOJ's new cybersecurity initiative
- How COVID-19 shifted the federal approach to investigations
- Forthcoming focus on potential Provider Relief Fund fraud and clinical trial fraud
- The Anti-Kickback Statute and how it affects providers
- EHRs as a stated area of focus
- What listeners should be aware of around telehealth
- How stakeholders can protect themselves
- Predictions for the rest of 2022
More about this episode: