The advertising double standard holding back femtech startups — with Maria Velissaris and Colette Courtion
Note: We are publishing this week’s episode early so our listeners can enjoy it over the holiday break in the United States. Also note there is no episode of Top Stories this week. Happy Holidays!
In today’s episode of HIMSSCast, guest host Laura Lovett, managing editor of MobiHealthNews, checks in with Maria Velissaris, founding partner at SteelSky Ventures and Colette Courtion, founder and CEO of Joylux about some of the challenges facing the burgeoning women’s health and reproductive health, or femtech, industry. In particular, they chat about advertising double standards, funding shortfalls, and where the space is headed next.
- The under-funding of women’s health tech companies
- The advertising double standard in sexual and reproductive health
- The downstream effects of inconsistently applied “taboos”
- Changing advertising policies through education
- How women’s health is not a niche opportunity
- Why women VCs aren’t enough to close the funding gap in femtech
- The need for a focus on culturally competent care
More about this episode: