How COVID-19 changed Zoom — with Heidi West
2020 was the year that "Zoom" entered our vocabulary as a verb meaning "to video chat". For Zoom it was a year that their customer base exploded, including in the healthcare space. It was a year of validation for the then nine-year-old tech company, but also a year of the sorts of challenges that come from rapid, unexpected scaling.
On today's HIMSSCast, Zoom Head of Healthcare joins guest host Kat Jercich to look back at a tumultuous time, and look ahead to the future.
This episode is brought to you by Zoom.
- Zoom’s pre-pandemic healthcare business and how it changed
- Factors that helped Zoom in healthcare thrive during the pandemic
- Dealing with a huge uptake in customer and end user volume
- Patient engagement with telehealth, a pleasant surprise
- Focusing on convenience and flexibility, with or without reimbursement
- Accommodating people with disabilities and different needs
- Zoom’s journey to ubiquity
- Dealing with Zoom bombing and other security and privacy challenges
- Zoom’s mission to “deliver happiness”
- Looking ahead to the future at Zoom
More about this episode: