Are digital therapeutics the future of mental health? — with Peter Hames
For a long time, the standard of care in mental and behavioral health has been some combination of pharmaceuticals and talk therapy. But with FDA-cleared, rigorously vetted digital health apps, there’s a new piece of the puzzle, and it has the potential to combine the advantages of therapy with the scalability of drugs.
In this episode of HIMSSCast, Big Health CEO Peter Hames joins host Jonah Comstock to talk about the future of mental health and lessons learned so far.
This episode is brought to you by Carahsoft.
- What Big Health is all about
- Scalable mental health therapies
- Treating algorithms and therapies like drugs
- Efficacy data and safety of digital therapeutics vs drugs
- How pharma companies are responding to digital therapeutics
- Predicting the future of mental health care
- Big Health’s partner relationships
- Mental health stigma and digital therapeutics
- Digital therapeutics have arrived
- What’s next for Big Health?
More about this episode:
From Big Health:
- Sleepio randomized controlled trial showing 76% of patients achieved remission from insomnia.
- Daylight randomized controlled trial showing that 71% of patients achieved remission from clinical anxiety.
- Economic evaluation of a Fortune 500 employer showing $1,677 lower annualized healthcare costs per employee.
- JAMA study showing that Sleepio improves broad health outcomes including: functional health, psychological well-being, and sleep-related qualities.