S9: #088: Advancing Digital Medicine: Stronger, Smarter and Faster
Overcoming challenges and accelerating change with Jen Goldsack of the (new!) Digital Medicine Society
The use of the term ‘digital health’ is continuing to grow, with new subsets of products and services being grouped within it: digital doctor’s visits, digital clinical trials, digital therapeutics, and digital medicine – these are just some of the terms that have burst onto the scene.
In this episode, we’re diving into one of the terms in the digital health lexicon: ‘digital medicine’. We explore what digital medicine is, how it is positioned along with digital therapeutics and digital health, and explore what’s needed to make the field of digital medicine stronger, smarter and faster.
My guest is Jen Goldsack, the Interim Executive Director of the Digital Medicine Society, a new organization that’s just been launched. Jen has a background in clinical trials, outcomes research, and innovation, and she holds masters degrees from the University of Oxford in England, the University of Pennsylvania, and an MBA from George Washington University.
Jen is also a retired athlete; she is a Pan American Games Champion, Olympian and World Championship silver medalist. She’s a dual-national with both British and American citizenship, and currently resides in Florida. Jen also shares her journey from being an elite athlete to the elite field of healthcare, and her motivation for making a real difference to both individuals and populations.
- Jen’s career as a professional athlete and how she applied those experiences and her competitive nature towards a career in healthcare
- The definition of ‘digital medicine’ and the role of hardware, software, evidence and pharma
- The current participating companies, stakeholders and products who currently inside the Digital Medicine space
- The stakeholders in Digital Medicine and the roles and opportunities for patients
- The three primary challenges that the industry needs to overcome to accelerate development and adoption of digital medicine
- The mission of the Digital Medicine Society and how they will help overcome the challenges and serve their stakeholders
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Jen Goldsack on Twitter
- Jen Goldsack on LinkedIn
- Digital Medicine Society on Twitter
- Digital Medicine Society on the Web
- Impossible Healthcare Podcast
- Digital Health Events
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Thank you!