S9: #081: Scaling Digital Therapeutics – The Opportunities and Challenges
In this episode, we’re taking on the topic of Digital Therapeutics. At the CNS Summit last year, I had the opportunity to meet our guest: Megan Coder. Megan is the founder and executive director of the Digital Therapeutics Alliance. The Digital Therapeutics Alliance, or DTA as you may hear it called, was launched in 2017 to broaden the understanding, adoption, and integration of clinically-validated digital therapeutic solutions into mainstream healthcare through education, advocacy, and research.
Megan has more than a decade of experience in the healthcare industry. She’s held roles that span from direct delivery of patient care, to leading the strategic growth within the digital health sector. Prior to DTA, Megan worked with Voluntis, Iodine, the Pharmaceutical Care Management Association, and the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. She’s a qualified pharmacist and a proud graduate from the University of Wisconsin like our guest in episode 63, Dale Beerman.
Enjoy this update on digital therapeutics and be sure to download the industry report below!
- The ‘official’ definition of ‘Digital Therapeutics’
- The history and evolution of Digital Therapeutics
- The similarities and differences of Digital Therapeutics and traditional Prescription Therapeutics
- The current state of regulatory pathways available for Digital Therapeutics
- How the FDA and other regulatory bodies assess the viability of Digital Therapeutics
- The response to Digital Therapeutics by the traditional pharmaceutical industry
- The founding members of the Digital Therapeutics Alliance and their mission and goals
- The key stakeholders that are driving access and adoption of Digital Therapeutics
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Megan Coder on Twitter
- Megan Coder on LinkedIn
- Digital Therapeutics Alliance on Twitter
- Digital Therapeutics Alliance on LinkedIn
- Digital Therapeutics Alliance on the Web
- Digital Therapeutics Industry Report – pdf
- Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today
This episode of Digital Health Today is made possible thanks to our sponsors. Thank you!