S7: #068: Artificial Vision. Real Results.
Today, we’re taking on the problem of blindness and loss of vision. This is a huge problem for hundreds of millions of people around the world who are legally blind or partially sighted. The number of people affected is set to increase as conditions like macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy become more widespread.
Here to talk to us about this problem and some of the ways technology can help address it is Eliav Rodman, he’s the Director of Marketing at OrCam Technologies. OrCam is based in Jerusalem, Israel, and they have developed a compact and powerful device to help address many of the problems associated with loss of vision.
Also on the call is Guy Hilton. Guy is the General Manager of Start-Up Nation Central which is an organization focused on the Israeli innovation community. Guy’s organization,Start-Up Nation Central, has recently joined Digital Health Today as a sponsor and strategic partner. We’ll be working together to highlight the great innovators and leaders working in Israel to solve the big problems facing healthcare today.
- The challenges that visually challenged people are facing every day.
- The limitations of the traditional technologies currently available.
- The company’s success and the design of the MyEye2.0 device.
- A demonstration of the device.
- The company’s expansion and future plans.
- What Start-Up Nation Central is and what they do.
- The factors that are contributing to the success of companies based in Israel.
- The initiatives the Israeli government have put in place to advance the Digital Health sector.
- Start-Up Nation Central as the new sponsor for Digital Health Today.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Start-Up Nation Central Digital Health Report
- Start-Up Nation Finder
- OrCam on Twitter
- OrCam on Web
- OrCam on LinkedIn
- Eliav Rodman on LinkedIn
- Start-Up Nation Central on Twitter
- Start-Up Nation Central on the Web
- Start-Up Nation Central on LinkedIn
- Guy Hilton on LinkedIn
- Israeli visual aid company OrCam valued at $1 billion
- A $1 Billion Valuation for Mobileye Founders’ Latest Venture
- Digital Health Events
- Join Digital Health Today
This episode is made possible in part by Start-Up Nation Central. Find out about their Start-Up Nation Finder platform and see how they can help you connect to the people and technologies working to address your most pressing challenges. —