S5: #042: Jack Barrette on the 7 Secrets of Successful Patient Expert Collaboration
In this episode, we dive into patient expert collaboration with lifelong health marketer, serial entrepreneur, and internet pioneer Jack Barrette. Jack is the founder and CEO of WEGO Health, and he is a frequent public speaker, blogger, twitterer (@healthyjack) and author. Jack has been recognized as “One of the Most Inspiring People In The Industry” by PharmaVoice Magazine.
Jack and I take on one of the big challenges facing innovators which is focused on these two key words: “Patient Centric”. We talk about it all the time, and no one is going to argue that it’s not a priority, but how do we actually do it? Some would say that you simply engage patients in your business challenges, but if you’ve ever tried that, you know it’s harder than it sounds. But if patients are a part of the solution, how do businesses get patients involved in achieving business objectives? Jack has some ideas, and he shares his 7 secrets of successful patient expert collaboration.
Take a listen, check out WEGO Health, and be sure to download his tips in the shownotes. Let us know about your experience in engaging patients in your business.
- How the success of Yahoo groups led to the creation and discovery of online patient experts
- The role of patient leaders in galvanizing communities
- The three major challenges businesses face when working directly with patient experts
- The evolution of healthcare marketing since the introduction of direct to consumer advertising
- The Seven Secrets of Successful Patient Expert Collaboration
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Jack on Twitter @healthyjack
- Jack on LinkedIn
- Visit WEGOHealth.com
- Create a free profile at WEGOHealthExperts.com
- Digital Health Events
- Dan Kendall on Twitter @ HealthTechDan
- Join Digital Health Today