Coffee Talk: How Corporations Adapt in the Face of New Challenges
In this episode I welcome two executives from Bayer G4A. Bayer G4A has been a longtime sponsor of Digital Health Today. I caught up with Dominick Kennerson, Global Head G4A, Digital Health Partnerships at Bayer Pharmaceuticals. I also spoke with Sophie Park. Sophie is a veteran guest on the Digital Health Today program, and the Chief Strategist for Bayer G4A Partnerships.
Dominick shared how a chance meeting at a Washington, D.C. bar began his path to a career in Europe. We also spoke about the impact of COVID-19 on the Bayer organization, and how it has changed the expectations and opportunities for companies of all sizes working to make a dent in healthcare. He also traces the early use of the term ‘digital health’ back to his time at Revolution Health.
Earlier this year, Bayer G4A had a call for applications. They are looking for innovative companies that are ready to make a difference in specific key challenge areas. After months of hard work and vetting all the applicants, they’re about to announce the finalists for this year’s Bayer G4A Program. While we don’t know the companies they’ve selected at the time of this recording, they will be announced very soon at a global virtual event taking place at 11am Eastern (5PM CET) on Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
So, if you’re listening to this episode on or before Nov 18, click here to register to attend.
And – if you missed it, scroll down to find names and links to the companies that have been accepted.
Now without further ado, let’s tune into the conversation with Dominick Kennerson and Sophie Park
Meet the 2020 G4A Partners in the G4A Program!
- Caria – Manage menopause with confidence.
- Decipher Biosciences – A commercial-stage precision oncology company committed to improving patient care
- Sweetch – A clinically validated, personalized, AI disease management optimization platform.
- Oncare – Connects you with your care team, so that they can digitally support you in your therapy
- Elly – Daily motivation and support for people living with a chronic condition
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Thank you to:
- Bayer G4A
- Almirall Digital Garden
- Cedars-Sinai Accelerator
- University of Chicago – Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics