Ep09: Why the Business of Ageing Extends Beyond Healthcare
Ageing and the business of helping individuals as they get older is an expansive problem. It cuts across industries beyond healthcare.
Singaporean entrepreneur Janice Chia is a recognized expert and thought leader in this field, accumulating her vast experience from visiting over 400 residential and aged care homes in over 15 countries as well as founding 2 organizations: Ageing Asia and Aspire55.
Janice founded Ageing Asia with the mission to drive innovation in the way future generations age, by engaging the business community to create better products and services that will enable healthy ageing, independent ageing and dignified ageing. Since 2009, she has been actively involved in consulting organizations seeking global best practices in housing, health and care models that can be translated for the Asian market.
Join me as we discuss:
- What drove Janice to create a new organization to better define the challenges of ageing?
- What is the mindset of people who are in the second half of their lives?
- Why is this challenge broader than a healthcare challenge?
- Why are the needs of digital health solutions broader than telehealth?
Janice frequently refers to data from the 4th Annual Asia Pacific Silver Economy Business Opportunities Report. The link to this can also be found below.
Guest’s Links and Resources:
- Connect with Janice Chia: LinkedIn
- Visit Ageing Asia: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook
- 4th Annual Asia Pacific Silver Economy Business Opportunities Report
Host’s Links and Resources:
- Connect with Tony Estrella: Twitter | LinkedIn | Personal Website
- Connect with Taliossa
- Read Tony’s Book: Comatose
- FutureProofing Healthcare | FutureProofing Healthcare APAC index
- Full White Paper, Summary and Video: A Vision for Asia Pacific in 2050
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network:
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Special thanks to: