Glycemic Risk Index: Dynamic New Tool for Diabetes Treatment Planning with Dr. David Klonoff & Dr. David Kerr
Dr. David Klonoff and Dr. David Kerr are authors of a recent study that introduces a new practical metric, the glycemic risk index. They join the Huddle to talk about the practicalities of this emerging metric and share how it can be used by clinicians to quickly assess a person’s glycemic risk. It’s a fascinating conversation that will leave you with a tool to easier leverage CGM-generated data and produce improved health outcomes for your patients.
- Klonoff, David C., et al. “A Glycemia Risk Index (GRI) of Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia for Continuous Glucose Monitoring Validated by Clinician Ratings.” Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, Mar. 2022, doi:10.1177/19322968221085273
- GRI web-based calculator: https://www.diabetestechnology.org/gri/
- GRI Excel File to calculate multiple tracings: https://www.diabetestechnology.org/gri/gri-calculator.xlsx?ver=2
- Diabetes Digital Health book: https://www.elsevier.com/books/diabetes-digital-health/klonoff/978-0-12-817485-2
- Diabetes Digital Health and Telehealth book: https://www.elsevier.com/books/diabetes-digital-health-and-telehealth/klonoff/978-0-323-90557-2