ADCES22 Live: Addressing Health Disparities with Eva Vivian and Daphne Smith Marsh
Eva Vivian, PharmD, PhD, BC-ADM, CDCES, FADCES, and Daphne Smith Marsh, PharmD, BC-ADM, CDCES, discuss the impact of health disparities on-site at ADCES22 in Baltimore. You’ll hear their perspectives on the environmental and social factors that contribute to health disparities, both in and out of the clinical setting. You’ll also hear how diabetes care and education specialists and other healthcare professionals can address health disparities in simple, practical ways that meet the needs of the individual while building trust.
- ADCES Resources on Health Equity: DiabetesEducator.org/HealthEquity
- ADCES22 On-Demand Sessions: ADCES22.org
- Edgoose J, Quiogue M, Sidhar K. How to Identify, Understand, and Unlearn Implicit Bias in Patent Care. Fam Pract Management. 2019 Jul-Aug;26(4):29-33
- Reid H, Lin O, Fabbro RL, et al. Provider communication in black patients with T2DM is associated with glycemic control. Presented at: American Diabetes Association 80th Scientific Sessions; June 12-16, 2020. Abstract 52-LB.
- Akturk HK, Agarwal S, Hoffecker L, Shah VN. Inequity in racial ethnic representation in randomized controlled trials of diabetes technologies in type 1 diabetes: critical need for new standards. Diabetes Care. 2021;44(6):e121-e123.