Ep 6: Food and Parkinson’s Disease: Nutrition, Meal Preparation and the Act of Eating
Food is an important part of everyone’s life. Adjusting your diet while managing a chronic illness can be a challenge.
In this episode, we speak to a dietician about the foods and diets that are often recommended for people with Parkinson’s.
We also hear about tips and tools to make cooking and eating a little easier, especially while experiencing motor and non-motor symptoms.
For more links and resources, visit our website at HealthUnmuted.com
Diet and nutrition
- Guide to eating a Mediterranean diet – Michael J Fox Foundation
- Meal time booklet – Parkinson’s Foundation
- Information of pro and prebiotics – Parkinson’s Foundation
- Studies to show constipation as common symptom of Parkinson’s disease – Study 1 and Study 2
- Webinar on gut related issues in Parkinson’s Disease – Michael J Fox Foundation
- Swivel Spoons – Various types available on Amazon.com
- Lift steady table ware – Product website
- Wrist weights – Various types available on Amazon.com
- Weighted bracelet – Product website
A transcript of this episode is available here.
The Parkinson’s Disease Podcast is made possible with support from Altoida.
What did you think of this episode? We’d love to hear from you. Please visit healthunmuted.com/feedback to let us know!
Note: Links and resources provided are for informational purposes only. There is no commercial relationship between the organizations referenced and the publisher of this podcast