7. Season 2 Introduction: Social Determinants of Health
This podcast is a tool for you to stay informed about COVID-19 in our ever-changing world.
This season’s theme is the social determinants of health, where I plan to delve into societal implications of COVID, from economic and working conditions, to housing, food access, and more.
Episode Resources + suggested readings:
- Healthy People U.S. HHS on the Social Determinants of Health: https://health.gov/healthypeople/objectives-and-data/social-determinants-health
- World Health Organization on the Social Determinants of Health: https://www.who.int/health-topics/social-determinants-of-health#tab=tab_1
- COVID-19 and the impact of social determinants of health: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7234789/
- Kaiser Family Foundation Tracking Social Determinants of Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/tracking-social-determinants-of-health-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
Music Credits: The intro and closing music was specially produced for this podcast by Madison Swann.