Utilizing Texting in Type 2 Diabetes Management: Perspectives from the Latest Research
Access the study mentioned in this episode in the December 2020 issues of The Diabetes Educator (now called The Science of Diabetes Self-Management and Care). An Umbrella Review of Text Message Programs for Adults With Type 2 Diabetes: https://journals.sagepub.com/share/TTIEUX9JWDC7YYC488DE?target=10.1177/0145721720965464
Utilize the below studies and their respective authors to find text bank and more.
- Trial to examine text message-based mHealth in emergency department patients with diabetes: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24225332/
- Dulce Digital: An mHealth SMS-Based Intervention Improves Glycemic Control in Hispanics With Type 2 Diabetes: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28600309/
- Mobile phone text message intervention on diabetes self-care activities, cardiovascular disease risk awareness, and food choices among type 2 diabetes patients: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31212683/
- Improved diabetes care management through a text-message intervention for low-income patients: Mixed-methods pilot study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30377141/
- ¡Sí, Yo Puedo Vivir Sano con Diabetes! A Pilot Self-Management Randomized Controlled Pilot Trial for Low-Income Adults with Type 2 Diabetes in Mexico City: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32368713/