Understanding Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biosimilar Insulins
Thomas Blevins, MD, an Endocrinologist from Texas Diabetes and Endocrinology in Austin, TX, joins The Huddle to talk about interchangeable biosimilar insulin. We discuss what interchangeability means and the evidence supporting it. You’ll also hear about the options interchangeable biosimilar insulin presents for healthcare systems and people with diabetes.
This episode is sponsored by Viatris
- Webinar on Interchangeable Biosimilar Insulin (Free and non-CE): The New Frontier of Interchangeable Biosimilar Insulins – bit.ly/3vxUWZ1
- Tip Sheets on Interchangeable Biosimilar Insulin in English Viatris_Tip_Sheet_v3_04202022 (diabeteseducator.org) and Spanish Viatris_Tip_Sheet_v3_04202022_spa (diabeteseducator.org)
- Insulin delivery resources from ADCES: www.DiabetesEducator.org/Insulin
- Blevins, T. C., Barve, A., Raiter, Y., Aubonnet, P., Athalye, S., Sun, B., & Muniz, R. (2020). Efficacy and safety of MYL-1501D versus insulin glargine in people with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Results of the INSTRIDE 3 phase 3 switch study. Diabetes, obesity & metabolism, 22(3), 365–372. https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.13904
- Viatris website: http://www.viatris.com