Preparing People with Diabetes for Disasters: An Essential Guide
- To access the diabetes disaster kit checklist from the Diabetes Disaster Response Coalition and other resources, visit DiabetesDisasterResponse.org.
- For information on volunteering during disasters, visit the Medical Reserve Corps at https://mrc.hhs.gov/HomePage
- Do 1 Thing is a 12-month program that makes it easy for you to prepare yourself, your family, and your community for emergencies or disasters. For more information visit https://do1thing.com
- The phone number individuals with diabetes can call during an emergency for insulin is 314-INSULIN or 314-467-8546.
- For sick day resources for people with diabetes, visit DiabetesEducator.og/SickDay