Laying The Foundation: Securing Your Legacy
In this episode, I sat down and talked with Dr. Kelly King, OB-GYN and multi-passionate entrepreneur on the importance of securing your legacy. She has worked as an OB/GYN for over 20 years and is currently an OB/GYN hospitalist in the greater Atlanta, Georgia area. While being a physician has and always will be her first career passion along the way she learned some new ideas about wealth and legacy. As an entrepreneur, she wanted to create a world where businesses and families would have access to affordable and personal legal advice. Dr. Kelly feels that no one should be in a position of not being able to make the best decisions about their business, life events, finances, and legacy based on money or lack of good information. A subject she is passionate about is how to communicate with our spouses when it is time to have ‘The Talk’ about finances and final wishes.
As women, we often don’t have “The Talk” with our spouses or children regarding wealth building, financial stability, and who will ultimately make decisions for us when we can no longer make those decisions for ourselves.
Here’s what we covered:
- Who is Dr. Kelly?
- Thinking about your career and leadership journey who or what may have been instrumental in that decision?
- Tell us a little about your decision to become an entrepreneur and delve into the space of legal advice especially when it comes to finances and creating a legacy. Who do you serve and what problem do you solve?
- Why is it important to have “The Talk” especially for professional women?
- Define for us what having a legacy looks like?
- What would it take for families especially families of color to thrive and not have to worry about major life decisions concerning finances and leaving a legacy?
Follow Dr. Kelly
linkedin.com/in/dr-kelly-jackson-king-31522b11b/ http://linktr.ee/askdrkelly Link to Around The Coffee Table event on April 25th at 4 pm. Attendees can register at https://its-time-to-have-the-talk.eventbrite.com Schedule your free leadership consulting call to start building your legacy and get the support you need in your leadership journey at schedulewithdrlisa.com